Monday, September 21, 2009

What's in a name?

I initially set this blog as radikusnotes.blogspot.com thinking that this is where I will post all things I did and thought of as Radikus. Thus, radikus’ notes. I would have chosen the domain radikus.blogspot.com, but someone owns it already. If only I could request him to cancel his blogspot account and have that for myself, it certainly would serve me best, but it’s something that I certainly won’t.

What exactly is Radikus? Quite frankly, nothing for it’s just a name from a dream, probably a dream that sprung from my sub-conscious self that if I would have chosen my own name, it would be Radikus. And why Radikus? Simply because it sounds like ‘radical’.

But please, don’t get me wrong on this; I don’t despise the name I got from my parents. I certainly like it, for I know and believe that our name is the only thing influenced for by our parents in our own persona. They name us as they want us to be, and what become of us are certainly not their decisions anymore.

But radikusnotes is very apparent. So I embarked on a search, painlessly thinking for a blog name that would speak of who and what Radikus is. Thus came quaddroci with the meaning in mind as energy (chi) in a box (quaddro) or just ‘boxed energy ‘.

Quaddrochi.blogspot.com, as a friend termed it “sounded too gay” considering that this friend knows that I use the pseudonym Radikus. Not that I have anything against queerness, but she was right on that, it just doesn’t sound very radikus. Point was taken, thus I am settling with the next in my list quadradikus.blogspot.com, meaning radikus in a quadra (four sides).

Quadradikus will offer its readers a wide variety of information, mostly reviews and reactions on books, movies and pressing social, political and economic issues. You may also find blogs on lifestyle, music, travel and humor in the life of Radikus.

What you experience within the boundaries of your monitor screen is all that you will get out of Radikus. And as you read through, hopefully you will note that this is a life in progression.

Thus, quadradikus.blogpot.com is all things Radikus, and Radikus is a life in progress.

So what’s in a name? Sure you’ll have your own answer to that.

1 comment:

  1. cool. there are instances when one should be "boxed" to get a clear picture of things, to be focused and to be understood. Boundaries may mean limitations but should not hinder one's creativity and ability to explore.

    o yan, fan na ako ng quadradikus.

    ReplyDelete