Friday, May 21, 2010

In memoriam: Loy Joseph a.k.a Joey


I'm still pondering. I just can't get off my mind. Can't remember the last time I saw him, but he's on my mind, now. Don't get me wrong...its not what you're thinking.

I see him sitting beside Dave, they were having a performance coaching session about work. He just came from an over-break, again, and he hasn't punched correctly to reflect proper status mode. Dave is all red with frustration but he's suppressing the emotion.

He was off work, went on leave of absence (LOA) because he needs to go on medication. When he came back, worked for a few days...and had to be absent again. Dave is considering many things for him. His no-call no-show for work, his over-lunches and his countless over-breaks.

He liked eating at Fastbytes. He used to join us when we smoked after lunch. And he would sometime joke..."yosi tayo". But he must not. And yes he did not. He also talked about his plan of settling down with his girlfriend. He was enjoying himself although he is sick, and he never voluntarily talked about his condition, unless he was asked about it.

I remember him with a tube on his neck and his persistent coughing that is uncomfortably irritating. I remember when he had to go home because he was bloated and we all notice his head was slightly larger than normal. He is sick.

That's how I remember Loy. I teased and joked about him. I laughed, shared stories and perhaps, categorically, enjoyed his company. He is my team mate, after all.

We all thought, he was pushing himself too hard for going to work. We all thought that him, working graveyard, trying to meet the demands of a fast-paced call center industry, is not doing him any good. But he was persistent, he wanted to work, he needed to work but his body can no longer cope up.

I only have maybes, perhaps and many other things that connote uncertainty about Loy. I never get to spent that much time with him. There are other people who truly knows the real him-his family. As for me, and maybe for 91M67, what we saw was what we got. And we settled for it and we respected it.
His name is Loy Joseph Rodriguez. He liked facebooking and played Farmville. He died today. I don't know how old he was...but he looked older than his age, I know.

To Loy, dude, wherever you are, I hope you are happier without the pains. And pasensiya, I didn't send you cows in Farmville, though I always visit 'Oscar' in Pet Society. Hope you lived your life...as you wanted it. You'll never have to say "Have I answered all your questions for today" anymore. Good job Joey.

6 comments:

  1. Death begins with life's first breath and life begins at touch of death. Life is short, whatever you want to do, do it now cos you'll never know if tomorrow will come. May you rest in peace Loy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mourn not the life lost, but celebrate the life lived...Loy...rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is difficult to lose someone most specially is that someone is very special to you...we mourn our lost...we grieve for days and yet it seems that our tears are not even enough...life is short...as the saying goes...and we must live it to the fullest...i never knew loy personally...we exchanged hi's and hello's whenever we see each other and it's sad that we were never given the chance to get to know each other well...but whenever we had the chance he would often have this words to say..."regaluhan mo naman ako ng cow sa farmville mommy"...as i know look back...i can say that life is indeed short and we have to make the best of each and everyday that we wake up to it and thank GOD that he gave us another morning to wake up to...Loy, wherever you may be...may you have the rest you truly deserve after all the physical hardships you had to endure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is now with our lord, Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I know him!!! I remember him when I was with CVG!!! I can't believe he is already gone!!!!Well, that is life it just so happen that he went ahead of us, at least he will no longer suffer, to those he left behind, let's be thankful that once in our lives someone like him touch your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its really sad that he's gone. after all prayers are said and shared..he is now resting peacefully...we hope

    ReplyDelete