Tuesday, May 18, 2010

wun manong: may be a case of "A Right love at the Wrong time"

A friend once paid us a visit and stayed overnight in Los Banos, Laguna. He was with a mistress. I know, because I've met his wife and his 3-year old son.

But I didn't mind. I was trying to justify things. Shit happens I said. It happens. Men are polygamous.

I have always wanted to ask why and how it happened. As far as I thought, he was happily married. I was hesitant, but quite frankly, I was dying to know.

The following day, they offered to prepare a special drink, which she learned in a Boracay bar. So we set-up an impromptu party of four-me, my wife, the friend and his mistress. It was a Sunday, a family day.

The drink (which I forgot what she called it and something that I don't want to put a name on) is a combination of a hard drink (preferably Matador, Emperador etc.), water and condensed milk. Just mix all the ingredients, stir solution until everything is dissolved in water, add ice if necessary. The drink should taste like milk with the kick of an alcohol: the sweetness of milk contrasting the power of the hard drink. Not as strong as the regular alcoholic drink but will certainly leave you tipsy with just a few glasses.
We drank and shared stories. Over a pitcher of that special concoction, on a family day-Sunday, they answered all my whys and hows. BOTTOM LINE: Boy meets girl. They dated. They fell in love. And they both knew it was forbidden. Girl is separated (though not legal) and has 2 kids. They have to keep the relationship a secret. And I respected their decision.

This happened more than a year past. And within a year, the relationship was revealed. They went through hell with his wife's wrath. But they stuck together and promised to keep the relationship. They battled the evil and had to digest all bad things that their "society" had indicted. They further earned my respect.

His name is Allan and he is married to Liezle. Her name is Sherilyn and she's now living-in with Allan. Liezle has since dated other guys and is rumored to have a new boyfriend. Allan and Sherilyn now co-manages a bar in Lucena City. A case closed, I think, and hopefully a happy ever-after for Allan and Sherilyn.
It happened on a Sunday, over a special drink, shared by special friends with extra-ordinary stories.

I am not tolerating adultery. My take is to keep the sanctity of relationships, especially marriages at all cost. Relationships fail because there is no strong building-block. Forget love and trust but keep the respect. But if its not working out, then don't push it. If physical and emotional torture takes its toll, then its time to say OFF and OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment