Monday, May 2, 2011

wun manong: Kudrat, an angel, just like Sophia

It ain't Christmas season yet, and this blog ain't about Christmas either. Its something between Christmas and not.

Every year, we've started a tradition to decorate our family Christmas tree with themes. In 2009, we had our most dramatic and beautiful Christmas tree ever which my sister labored late nights and weekends to finish. She called it "Memories", as a tribute to our Aunt Ely who died that year of breast cancer.


And in 2010, with the arrival of a new angel into the family, Kandro Jael, she decided to create a Christmas tree themed, "Angels".

We initially decided that we create our own 'angels' and would collectively decorate it on the tree. And so I thought, now is the time to show the world, my very own 'angel' who I named Kudrat. 

It's a name I got sometime in college while in meditation at the University library. I don't know why I liked the name. I just liked it. Just like how my sister Kristine likes Sophia. He's a black angel I know. He does good things and bad things. He ain't a perfect, saintly angel. He is ordinary and very 'unstable'. By how he behaves, he's between being an angel and a demon.

But there's nothing to fear about Kudrat. He's the nicest thing an angel can be, but ain't the worst on the bad side.

And so finally. I'd like you to all meet, Kudrat, an angel, just like Sophia, is imaginary.


No comments:

Post a Comment