Tuesday, June 14, 2011

photography: taking time to smell the flowers

I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY. That is why I have this blog. I like looking at beautiful pictures and creating them as well. Photographs are  memories, and memories define our lives.

Flowers, beautiful, elegant and mysterious.

Flowers are the women in my life. Here are flowers I would associate to the women that, in any way, impacted personal growth. 


 Anthurium, a phallic symbol, fertile, strong (for my sister Kristine)
--o--
 Asthers, blooming in lilac when everyone else blooms in white, Lorraine
  -- o --
  Daisy, you never take the limelight, always ready to give support (my sister Karen)
 --o--
 Dianthus, small, fascinating, beautiful (Katalienne Juliana)
 --o--
 
Dwarf Kalachuchi, in girly hues of red, pink and white, there's a boy in every flower, Mary Jean
 --o--
I don't know your name, and this is for all unborn babies
 --o--
 Another one that I don't know, but you are such a wonder with you hair, I'll call you Maria, fitting for my dear Maria Makiling
 --o--
 
 
 
 
 Roses, making the comeback, ordinary but dear, you are special like nobody else is (I'll reserve this for you, Soran Elizea)
 --o--
 Flower from a grass, notorious yet unknown, maybe Dolly is you're fitting name
--o--
 Gumamela, loud, proud and a friend (Gail)
--o--
 There's beauty in you, you just gotta find it (Sanna)
 --o--
 
 Lilies, in bloom, the most beautiful of them all (Lorenz)
--o--
 I didn't know you, but first impressions do last, Zarina
 --o--
 You're sturdy, hard and strong, then there's the wind that bends the wrong, Lalaine
--o--
 A toast for an orchid bud, a promise of beauty, a hope of the future, Maria Rhodora
--o--
 
 The unconventional beauty, my mother Lorna
--o--
 In transformation, how I hated everything, yet there's beauty with nothing (for Thea)
--o--
 I don't know anyone who likes yellow, but I know someone in yellow, my Mommy Mikaela
--o--
I knew how you loved us, I hope you new how we love you as well, you will forever be remembered, Auntie Beth
--o--
 Here's another yellow, bashing in the sunlight, glowing..a definite Lea
--o--
 Defined and in highlights, Mommy Aida
--o--
And for unassuming, delicate and pure, my dear Sayuri
 All red and a yellow heart, mother Salome

And for all those men and women with whom came and go, flower in the water, dried, dead and living with the tadpoles

No comments:

Post a Comment