Thursday, December 23, 2010

wun manong: christmas carolling

Two days to go... and we'll have the biggest day of the year, Christmas day!!!!
I was out of the house on my way to our coffeeshop for our Christmas party celebration together with our business partner and our staff. Of course there are gifts and yes we will have that 'bunutan' tradition later.
On my way out of the house, there was a group of old ladies, around six or seven of them, singing christmas songs, hopping house to house and yes, asking for something in return. You've probably guessed what they're doing already...Yes, CAROLLING.
The last time I participated in a carolling session was around 9 years ago. I was with my co-applicants for an academic organization in the University of the Philippines-Los BaƱos. We did it for a fund-raising campaign. And true enough, carolling is one decent way of raising funds to cover for christmas activities during the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment