Wednesday, December 29, 2010

foodtrip buddy: Vegetable Pica-pica

Part of my 2010 new year's resolution was to cook a new dish. And I am proud of this to have discovered a new dish that we serve in our coffeeshop. Customers liked the dish and i'm going to keep it as a secret recipe. I called it Tomato-Basil Penne.

I like experimenting on food. There's a different high when you try out something new and that your never sure of how its going to turn out. My mantra on cooking "combine the edibles and your food is going to be edible". I don't care how it tastes for as long as its eatable.

Some dishes I've tried experimenting before was a simple pinakbet with pandesal, scrambled egg with oregano and basil, stir-fried rice with just about any leftover food on the fridge and at one time, and tuna-rambet.

For the holiday, I wanted something healthy and different, so it made vegetable pica-pica with a choice of cream-milk dip, chocolate dip and out-of-the grocery store dip.

Here's how to do it.
Cut cucumber, carrots and apple into julienne strips
Wrap it in lettuce and seal with a toothpick

For the dip
a. cream-milk, this was the left over stock when my sister-in-law made her fruit salad with chocolate bits  (just mix your cream and condensed milk)
b. chocolate dip - buy chocolate syrup ion the grocery store
c. buy any dressing you want, from Ceasar's to Thousand Island

So there!!! Dip and eat....

Fruit salad with chocolate bits by Lorraine Sy

Vegetable pica-pica


The dips: chocolate dip, ceasar's dressing (orange-colored) and the cream-milk (right-side and partially cut)

And there!!! Me and our buffet table for Christmas 2010.

My Sy family

No comments:

Post a Comment